My Power Up


I, like many kids of my generation, went through a phase where the only cartoons on my TV were produced in Japan. The Dragon Ball Z’s and Naruto’s and Pokemon’s were definitely no feats in great writing but still had a lot to teach in design and storytelling.
Each show was more ridiculous than the last with people throwing explosive energy balls to using ninja moves to create multiples of themselves. But one thing was for sure, it was damn fun to look at. Again I saw this as an instance of the artist using their language and confidence through their design to draw people in. Even if you’re just laying out the craziest ideas that come to your head, if you believe in them others will too.
Just like Star Wars these shows had extensive cast lists and vast universes that inspired me to create my own characters, each with their own back stories and special abilities that reflected them, just like the characters in these shows.


I won't share those though
Too embarrassing

No comments:

Post a Comment